59. Leave a Job You Hate


YEP! quit my job! 

I worked at AMF bowling in Cannington since Feb 2009 - April 2010. 

I can't remember if I liked it at the start, but it sure did suck towards the end.

I spent the 3 hours a week that I worked there dealing with the fact that nothing ever seemed to get done and that rules and procedures had changed without any notice. The rest of the week I spent receiving phone calls from the cafe manager asking me to work during all the times my availability said I couldn't and then she would be frustrated with me for saying no. 

The worst was when she asked me to work from 9.30 in the morning till 12 midnight and said that I would be allowed to have free dinner! OH GEE THANKS!
 
Needless to say my letter of resignation was short and sweet. Effective immediately.
 
In all honesty, in my time there I did make a few friends who were awesome people. Unfortunately I haven't seen any of them in a long time! I keep in touch with some via Facebook... but it's more stalking to see what they're up to then actually talking. Such a sad world we live in.

Comments