28. Skydive

I DID IT! Seriously the best thing ever.

I jumped in Hervey Bay. After having to postpone because others weren't free and then again because the wind was too strong another weekend, we were confirmed! 
If you ever want to skydive, do it in Hervey Bay. The view ended up being the best distraction as we made our way up to 12000ft. It actually made me stay a lot more calm than I expected to be. The guy I was tandem to (I have absolutely no idea what s name was) said he had jumped all over the world and aside from Dubai (over the man-made islands) on a good day, Hervey Bay had the best view he had ever seen. 

I jumped with Megan (a friend from work) and was second to leave the plane. Watching the video back, we were so unbelievably nervous!! Being second to jump meant that I luckily wasn't right next to the door when it opened, but I did have to watch Megan jump first.. The look of horror on my face was priceless and caught on camera...
I thought the worst part was going to be leaving the plane, but it wasn't even half as bad as I expected it to be.. though the photos don't show that at all...


Yes, I would do it again. Yes, it was awesome. Yes, you should do it!

Comments