52. Read the Greatest Books Ever Written


So I haven't written about this one yet! I'm not a huge book reader, I often fall asleep whilst reading them at night. I feel like this is going to be a very difficult one to complete! Firstly because I fall asleep so often and it takes me such a long time to get through one book and secondly because there's a few books on the list that are written in old-school language... you may or may not have realised by now.. but I don't really have a way with words. I think "The Complete Works of Shakespeare" may be a struggle!!

I just finished reading "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" by Mark Twain. It was quite good! I could understand it and I think it's because the accents were written literally.. or even phonetically. I don't know much about the history in America, but it seemed pretty similar to the racial discrimination stories that we all know about all over the world. 

Apparently some of the books on the list are on there because they're so bad they've become really well known.. unfortunately I don't know which ones are what! I'm going to have to read the crap ones too!

Other books on the list I have already read:
  • Animal Farm - George Orwell (read in high school for English)
  • The BFG - Roald Dahl (Roald Dahl was one of my favourite authors as a kid!)
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl
  • Danny, The Champion of the World - Roald Dahl
  • George's Marvellous Medicine - Roald Dahl
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams (I did I book presentation on it in year 8.. shocked my teacher, no one had any idea what I was talking about apart from one girl who laughed the whole way through!)
  • The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien 
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis
  • Lord of the Flies - William Golding
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar - Eric Carle (one of the best books ever! We used it so much with the kids where I volunteered)
  • Where the Wild Things Are - Maurice Sendak
  • The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
  • Winnie the Pooh - A.A. Milne
Hey! That's a lot more than I thought! There's still so many more to read!!

Comments