2. Swim With... Dolphins and Tropical Fish

Date: 06/06/2000

Dolphin

By “swim” I mean “wade, pat and pose for photo before your fingers and toes freeze off”

I was 9. My family went on a huge holiday to the Eastern States and we went to Sea World. My sister and I were so excited when we were told we were booked in to pat the dolphins after the dolphin show. With our little life jackets we got to get in one at a time. MY GOD IT WAS COLD! I still remember having tears in my eyes because it was so cold! But totally worth it! not many 9 year olds can say they have touched a dolphin.


Tropical Fish

Before we had made our way down to The Gold Coast, we were in Queensland. It was beautiful! Only being 9 at the time makes all the trees in the rainforest seem so much bigger in my mind but they were awesome. If you ever go to Queensland, so have to snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef. Me and the family got on a boat (which looked like a ship!) and sailed out to long isles which is a group of islands surrounded by the reef. Mum and Dad swam into shore whilst me and Beccy jumped into a glass bottom boat. Snorkel gear on and we were off! There were fish of every colour! We even saw a turtle! It was awesome. After hours of snorkeling we got back on the ship and had lunch. The prawn heads were thrown overboard and two HUGE fish swam up and ate them they were probably as long as 1.5m! I'm so glad we saw them AFTER the snorkeling!

Comments