29. Meet Your Idol

I was about 12, playing trumpet and me and Dad went to a James Morrison concert. My keyboard teacher at the time had spare tickets from another student of his (an older couple) who could no longer go and they gave them to us for free. It was supposed to be held outside somewhere but it was raining, so the 'gig' was moved to the "little creatures" tavern in Fremantle. I was standing right in front of him and the band, separated by power cords. After he played, I was able to meet him because someone that Dad knew, knew him.For a 12 year old who had just started learning to play the trumpet, this was awesome!

As the concert location was moved, we were told that the tickets could be refunded and returned. The couple was appreciative that we gave the tickets back to them to get refunded instead of just refunding them ourselves and gave me a CD with all his music on it! Pays to do the right thing :)

Comments