67. Visit... (Great Barrier Reef & Sydney Harbour)

In 2000 (i was 9) my family went on a big family holiday over east! We started in Queensland, visiting Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef and made our way down to Brisbane and the Gold Coast and finishing in Sydney.

The Great Barrier Reef was where I was able to complete a part of Thing To Do No. 2 and swim with Tropical Fish. To find out more about the Great Barrier Reef, go check out that previous entry!


I don't really remember much of Sydney except that I didn't like it as much. I have no idea why! It was just before the 2000 olympics in Sydney so we went on a tour of the Olympic Stadium and build a sandcastle in the long jump pit. Sydney Harbour was huge! We attempted to walk along the bridge (just on the footpath, not over the top) and Beccy and I were absolutely TERRIFIED because it was so high. I remember being scared I was going to drop my doll over the side and Mum said "You know the further you walk, the further you have to walk back again?" and that was our cue to turn around and walk back.

Comments