36. Visit Every Country (Indonesia - Bali)

Our family has been on 4 family holidays to Bali. The first was when I was 6, then 7, 15 and 20. They started off as adventures; being tourists and seeing as much as we could. As we have gotten older, they are more relaxing holidays (a pool bar is a requirement for the hotel we stay in).

When I was 6 we went through the monkey forest. It wasn't until we reached the middle that there was a sign that said "no food or drink should be taken into the monkey forest". This was very handy as I had a can of Fanta that I was drinking. Pretty much straight after reading the sign, a monkey jumped up onto my shoulder, pulled the drink out of my hand, took the straw out and skulled the lot! (perfect photo opportunity)

We lost Beccy (my sister) the day we were supposed to be leaving. Walking through the markets and turning around to realise she wasn't there. We found her later sitting on a lady's lap (another photo opportunity). Last year when we went back, we walked around the same markets with the photo to see if we could find her. A girl snatched the photo out of Beccy's hand and ran off saying "I know this lady!" We followed her and found her in the same shop as she had been 14 years before!

There are so many Bali stories that could be told. It's always fantastic fun :)

Comments