47. Milk a Cow

Back in the day, my Aunty and Uncle used to own a dairy farm in Margaret River (before they became much more classy and grew grapes for wine!). I don't really remember, but one Christmas just before I turned 6 we went down south and I got to milk the cows.

The thing I DO remember is that I had asked Santa for my school uniform for Christmas (because I'm just that cool) and Santa had delivered. I was wearing my brand new, bright yellow hat with the flap at the back and the brim at the front when I went to see the cows. I must've taken it off and left it on a pole because I have a vivid memory of running back down to where I'd left it to see a horse munching on it!  I can't remember if I got a new hat or just used the old one but I should've been happy the horse ate such a terrible hat!

Comments