86. Run a Marathon

Ok, so some people might call this one cheating (I know my Dad does). But I DID run a marathon distance!

One of my friends from school, Tiffany, was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma at the beginning of 2012. She decided, along with other friends, that we should participate in Relay For Life. Relay For Life is a huge fundraiser for the Cancer Council each year and we were going to give it a go and put a team together! So many people wanted to be involved and we ended up with two teams; "Tiffany & Co."

During the 24 hour event, many of our team members ran and ran and ran... it was actually crazy! There was a guy in another team who started the day off in a green morph suit. I did not see him stop running the whole 24 hours. I'm sure he must've..
The point is; during this time, I ran over 100 laps of the track! I ran over 42 km in the 24 hours and also managed to participate in a Zumba class held at 8am on the second day. Yes, it took me 24 hours, no I wasn't the fastest or furthest runner and no I did no training, but I did manage to complete my goal!
Our team up on stage during presentations. Not looking too shabby after 24 hours and minimal sleep!
Our team was also awarded the "most sunsafe tent area" (which we laughed at seeing most of us got sunburnt) and "highest fundraising team"! It was awesome fun and definitely for a good cause. Maybe someday I might find the motivation to actually train for a marathon and do one properly. Then again, maybe not.

Comments