89. Throw away the instant noodles

So I figured the point of this "Thing To Do" was to learn to cook. Dammit. In my family it is a running joke that I am not allowed to use any of the fry pans as I have managed to burn them and ruin kitchen items in my previous cooking attempts.

I was on a placement for my degree that wasn't going so well. We were watching Masterchef and Mum turned around and said "if you pass your prac, I'll make that dessert for you". It was the Gaytime Goes Nuts in one of the final challenges. I passed my prac... Mum didn't make the dessert.
I was because of this little event that when I saw a free "Philadelphia and Cadbury Chocolate Desserts" cookbook (free if you bought 3 Philadelphia products), I had a proposal; I would forget our deal about the Masterchef dessert if we got the recipe book and make 1 a week.

Challenge Accepted! So, I may not be learning to cook a roast dinner or fancy lunch menu but I'm going to have the desserts down to a fine art! Get ready to (hopefully!) see one per week!

Week 1 - melt in you mouth chocolate and hazelnut tart

Four stars! So rich but so creamy and it really does melt in your mouth! Note to self: don't try to eat so much of it in one sitting. Tastes even better the second day with longer time in the fridge

Comments