54. Make At Least One Huge Purchase You Can't Afford

Holy crap what did I do!?

Answer: bought a house! That's what!
I hated that I was paying rent and at the end of the day I had nothing to show for it. It all started from a visit to IKEA and I couldn't get the feeling to go away! 

Now don't get me wrong, I did the sums and crunched the numbers over and over to make sure I could afford the repayments and the bills. There were many phone calls and a Skype sessions to my parents and honestly, I thought I would be convinced not to either by accident or on purpose. 

It was so unbelievably stressful, but so worth it. With issues getting finance because I've never had a credit card, I had to increase the amount of the initial deposit... I haven't finished off paying for all of my trip at the beginning of next year (details to come!)... I have no furniture... There are extra bits and bobs that you're expected to pay for the sneakily appear... I could hardly afford it. 

But it's done! 
I have packed up my belongings (the whole task, including doing a load of washing, took about 3 hours.. Told you I don't own anything), I have a new roommate ready to move in and I get the keys in 2 days! Bring on 30 years of mortgage repayments!! 😳😆

Comments